Friday, February 10, 2017

Science of Words: How they Can Shape your Child’s Life

Prepare your child for the future.

When I was a kid my mom was adamant about the phrasing of my sentences. Ever since my first words, she insisted that they had to be kind and objective, as those were the methods of understanding that others had about me. It shaped the way I saw the world, and when I was growing up I found myself increasingly reaching the same conclusions: the words are a science that has incredible power over how I feel, and how I impact the life of others.

That knowledge led me to investigate and see how they could affect the way children are shaped, as I was, when it comes to the verbal expressions. To me, the results were amazing: kids are like sponges and basically pick up whatever we say and internalize it. Then I understood why my mom was so careful about her words, and why I, being the child that I was, got stressed and annoyed at her constant corrections. She was teaching me how to use words as a tool, and giving me the power to shape the way I saw and interacted with my surroundings. You, as a parent, can do the same thing for your child’s life. Let me explain it to you: shaping the way your children see the world is not easy. It requires you to listen carefully to the way you are speaking to your child in order to have the best impact in their life.

How to do it correctly?
When you want to explain things to your child, the best way to do it is by using your words. But this requires extensive investigation as to how to do it correctly, as sometimes the best intentions can feel incredibly mean for them. Remember that they are growing up and look up to you to see the world. So, here are some friendly suggestions in the science of words for children:

  • Speak correctly, they understand: One of the frequent mistakes that parents commit is to speak to their children like they are little even while they are growing up. This makes them feel bad, as they are able to understand the concepts you are explaining to them most of the time.

  • Don’t be dismissive: You as a parent are in charge of how they perceive the world most of the time. Make sure to use encouraging terms to correct them if necessary, and don’t shut down their ideas. They will appreciate more a friendly correction.

  • Let them ask: Children are curious, and they will ask a lot during their experiences. That’s why you as a parent have to encourage them the investigative nature of it. During this phase, you can take a more interesting approach to the questions, such as the following.

  • Use questions as jumping points: Your child often will ask questions that will require a more ample explanation. This is a great point to ask them what they think about it something. More often than not, they’ll have a pretty accurate approach to the answer.  

  • Encourage their expressions: When children want to talk, it’s best to let them do it. You can encourage chats between you and your child, creating a lasting bond of trust. Remember to do it productively, impulsing them to use concise terms and learn new terms.

Now that you know how powerful the worlds are for children and how you can do it, what are you waiting to encourage the verbal expressions in your child? These are just a few of the tips that you can use with your children, just remember that every case is different, and that you as a parent need to lead with the example in order to have happy and well adapted kids. With the help of professionals like the ones at Autism Soccer, you can help your child connect with the words, encouraging to communicate and interact. This, supported with your help at home will make them feel sure and prepared to face the challenges of the world.
Making your words shape the attitude of your child is very important.



Facebook: Autism Soccer
Instagram: Autism Soccer
Twitter: Autism Soccer

No comments:

Post a Comment